- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to highlight a new innovation, discovery, or update in medical science with an emphasis on how it applies to diagnosis, treatment, or outcomes in clinical care of the pediatric patient. The idea is to explain any basic science in such a way that will be educational and interesting to a general clinician; provide an update on clinical guidelines for diagnosis and treatment using evidence based medicine when applicable. This lecture can bring to the forefront new practice guidelines from the experts.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Pediatrician, Psychologist, Fellow, Resident, Nurse, Other
At the completion of the educational activity the participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical situations when children need to be evaluated for elevated blood pressure
- Perform the initial evaluation and management of children and adolescents with elevated blood pressure
- Identify children and adolescents with elevated blood pressure who need urgent sub-specialty evaluation
Daniel Feig, MD, Ph. D., MS, Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Alabama; Medical Director, Pediatric Renal Transplantation Program, Children's of Alabama
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.