- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Students and residents who do not have robust “illness scripts” often have difficulty synthesizing a case. Creating comprehensive, concise and prioritized differentials can be difficult. This conference stimulates in depth thought and discussion with faculty regarding the clinical approach to common and uncommon presenting symptoms. Whether the case is straight forward or a “zebra”, faculty, residents and students alike think through and discuss the case and differential diagnosis and apply the process of arriving at the diagnosis as the patient’s case evolves.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Fellows, Residents, Nurses, Other
By participating in the case discussions presented at Professor Rounds, attendees will be able to:
- Choose effective strategies and clinical approaches to diagnosing and managing common and uncommon symptoms or problems.
- Describe how the history and physical examination is used to make and test diagnostic hypotheses.
- Synthesize available data to construct a prioritized and complete differential diagnosis.
- Analyze how to order diagnostic studies based upon a prioritized differential.
- Discuss and critique short and long-term management decisions pertinent to the case discussed.
Robert Lane, MD, MS
Patricia Lye, MD
Heather Toth, MD
Michael Weisgerber, MD
Speakers: Sonia Mehta, MD, PGY 3 Resident
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose