This is a forum whereby knowledge – both accepted and novel – is presented to maintain competence in medical knowledge, patient care, and systems based practice. The multidisciplinary nature of this conference allows rapid dissemination of medical knowledge and encourages discussion among our surgical group as well as our subspecialty colleagues. We use this conference platform to modify our multidisciplinary patient care pathways and evaluate performance based upon patient outcomes.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
More Information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org (414.266.6559) or email@example.com (414.266.6577).
- Pediatric Surgeons
- Pediatric Fellows
- Pediatric Residents
- Pediatric Students
- Pediatric Physicians Assistant
- Pediatric RN's
- Pediatric Physician Providers throughout Children's Hospital
1. Discuss clinical presentation, physiology, pathophysiology, and evaluation of common and uncommon pediatric surgical problems.
2. Acquire and demonstrate new medical knowledge in patient diagnosis and management.
3. Understand medical and surgical outcomes.
Faculty & credentials:
Disclosure: In accordance with the ACCME policy on relevant financial disclosure, all speakers/planners were asked to reveal any relevant financial relationships, and there was nothing to disclose.
Marjorie Arca, MD
Keith Oldham, MD
Thomas Sato MD
Obese Adolescents, When to Consider Weight Loss Surgery Presented by: Farhat Ashai-Khan, MD
· Recognize Comorbidities associated with Obesity
· Review criteria for selecting surgical Candidates
· Role of multidisciplinary Team
· Nutritional and Gastrointestinal Complications of Bariatric Surgery
· Postoperative Care
Tammy Decker and Jenny Bruggink
+1 (414) 266-6559
02/14/2014 - 7:30am to 8:30am CST
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave.6M Large Conference Room
MIlwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.