Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) is a specialty encompassing a multitude of different areas within medicine, many of which intersect with other disciplines such as therapy and psychology. The PM&R Grand Rounds series provides insight/updates into a variety of clinical and research topics pertinent to Rehab Physicians as well as members of the medical and rehabilitation teams. Presentations will help learners gain a better understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of function-limiting conditions, from non-surgical orthopedic management of musculoskeletal injury, to caring for those with catastrophic neurologic injury, like spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury.
Key Words: Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal medicine, Neurologic Injury, Neurologic recovery
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify basics of gait analysis (gait cycle, kinematics, and kinetics)
- Identify common interventions for equinovarus foot position
- Identify current literature regarding Tibial Peripheral Neurectomy’s impact on equinovarus foot position
- Identify the relationship between the hip and lumbar spine in relation to pain and injury
- Recognize gaps in the study of high-level athletes with hip and low back injuries
Christopher White, MD
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee Member(s):
Chris White, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Mary Voegeli, FNP-BC, APNP, CRRN, CBIS
Jen Yacub Martin, MD
Kim Zvara, MD
Meghan Caballero, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Christopher White
- Meghan Caballero
- Stacy Stibb
- Mary Voegeli
- Jen Yacub Martin
- Kim Zvara
- Sue Abrahms
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.