Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) is a specialty encompassing a multitude of different areas within medicine, many of which intersect with other disciplines such as therapy and psychology. The PM&R Grand Rounds series provides insight/updates into a variety of clinical and research topics pertinent to Rehab Physicians as well as members of the medical and rehabilitation teams. Presentations will help learners gain a better understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of function-limiting conditions, from non-surgical orthopedic management of musculoskeletal injury, to caring for those with catastrophic neurologic injury, like spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury.
Key Words: Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal medicine, Neurologic Injury, Neurologic recovery
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify Improvements for resident/fellow confidence in on-call management of baclofen pump complications
- Identify Improvements for resident/fellow knowledge and performance in baclofen pump troubleshooting
- Identify areas of improvement in communication, knowledge, and procedural skills
- Identify whether patients have fear or anxiety regarding botulinum toxin injections
- Identify data regarding fear and anxiety in similar types of injections
- Identify confounding variables that could alter the study results, such as botulinum toxin injections possibly treating anxiety?
- Identify age related differences in pain perception.
- Identify mechanisms underlying these differences.
- Identify recommendations: Specifically, regarding Elderly Pain Management in rib fractures (From our study findings)
Matthew Durand, PhD
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee Member(s):
Chris White, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Mary Voegeli, FNP-BC, APNP, CRRN, CBIS
Jen Yacub Martin, MD
Kim Zvara, MD
Michael Acosta, MD
Taegun (Daniel) Jin, DO, MSc
Abdihakim Mohamoud, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Christopher White
- Meghan Caballero
- Stacy Stibb
- Mary Voegeli
- Jen Yacub Martin
- Kim Zvara
- Sue Abrahms
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.