Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) is a specialty encompassing a multitude of different areas within medicine, many of which intersect with other disciplines such as therapy and psychology. The PM&R Grand Rounds series provides insight/updates into a variety of clinical and research topics pertinent to Rehab Physicians as well as members of the medical and rehabilitation teams. Presentations will help learners gain a better understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of function-limiting conditions, from non-surgical orthopedic management of musculoskeletal injury, to caring for those with catastrophic neurologic injury, like spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury.
Key Words: Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal medicine, Neurologic Injury, Neurologic recovery
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Apply a Socioeconomic Patient-Centered Care framework to examine individual, social, environmental and systematic factors that impact patient care and population health outcomes
- Describe evidence for and factors associated with health and healthcare disparities among groups of people in the United States
- Discuss strategies for mitigating underlying factors that contribute to health disparities through Awareness, Adaptations, Assistance, Alignment and Advocacy
Christopher White, MD
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee Member(s):
Chris White, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Mary Voegeli, FNP-BC, APNP, CRRN, CBIS
Jen Yacub Martin, MD
Kim Zvara, MD
Linda Meurer, MD PhD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Christopher White MD
- Stacy Stibb DO
- Mary Voegeli, NP
- Jen Yacub Martin MD
- Kim Zvara MD
- Sue Abrahms
- Linda Meurer, MD PhD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.