The research issue we wish to address is increasing research activity within the department, and forming/capitalizing on collaborations with faculty from other departments and institutions.
Allied Health Care Professionals
Matthew Hanks, PhD, ATC
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Title: Upper Extremity Biomechanical Characterization of Able-Bodied and Wheelchair Lacrosse Players Performing the Overhead Throw
- characterize glenohumeral joint kinematics in able-bodied lacrosse players and wheelchair lacrosse players with spinal cord injury
- investigate differences in glenohumeral joint kinematics between able-bodied lacrosse players and wheelchair lacrosse players with spinal cord injury
- identify potential mechanisms of glenohumeral joint injury in wheelchair lacrosse players
- assist with the development of the Wheelchair Lacrosse USA Rulebook for player safety from a musculoskeletal perspective
Presenter: Matt Hanks
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Activity Director: Matt Durand, PhD
Diane Braza, MD
Nick Ketchum, MD
John McGuire, MD
Karin Goodfriend, MD
Meagan Jozwiak, MD
Erin Beddows, MD
Erin McGonigle, MD
Moriah Iverson, MS
Matt Durand, PhD
Rachel Minkin, MS
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.