The Department of Plastic Surgery has been conducting a Grand Rounds series for the continued education of faculty, staff, residents and fellows for more than 30 years. The weekly, one-hour long educational activities include, on a rotating basis: a clinical outcomes conference where long-term results are presented and discussed, a morbidity and mortality conference where an ongoing review of complications is performed to maximize adherence to national guidelines and improve safety. These activities also include occupational sessions as well as medical legal sessions through the MCWAH Office. The conference also includes monthly presentations by visiting professors as well as curriculum-based presentations by faculty, residents and fellows. A topic or theme ties the activities together each month.
Keywords: Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Esthetic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery, Breast, Craniofacial, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Analyze and evaluate new technology and techniques in Plastic Surgery and apply these to patient care
- Gain a better understanding of the current guidelines and literature related to Plastic Surgery and associated issues
- Explain the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to patient care by gaining insight from colleagues in the fields of Infectious Disease, Radiology and Dermatology
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.