- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a specialty which encompasses a wide range of clinical pathology and is ever evolving. MCW PM&R Grand Rounds strives to give clinicians in practice and training education and updates that reflect new advances and best in care practices for this specialty. Areas identified for focus this year include advances in diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disease, lymphedema and musculoskeletal conditions.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Learn the scientific and clinical definitions of the following concepts: interoceptive accuracy, sense of coherence, salutogenesis, and their importance in continuum of care by physician, for patients with acute or chronic illness and acute or chronic pain.
- Learn about a specific method to make the identification of health during the clinical exam of a patient into the first step toward “salutogenesis”, and how this method helps diminish the need for chronic pharmacologic treatment, especially of opioid medication.
- Learn about how salutogenic practices can diminish physician depression and burnout.
Daniela Jurisic, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin
Specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pavia, Italy
Founder and Director, Active Integrative Medicine Associates, Pavia and Milano, Italy
President and Founder, AsD (Sports association) TTB (Traditional Transcultural Body)
Cristopher White, MD
Carley N. Sauter, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Kimberley L. Zvara, MD
Barbara Hughes, RN / Case Manager
Amy Slavik, RN / Case Manager
Linda Yoon, RN / Triage Nurse
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.