Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Research Day 2016
There is a continuing educational need to improve the vitality of our research culture through mentor and mentee interactions that produce an integrated research culture, ownership of research activities, clear recognition of the importance of clinical and translational research to inform clinical practice, improved communication skills and collaborations.
Through Research Day presentations and discussions develop a robust program of mentors and mentees that achieves an integrated research culture and ownership of research activities, internalization of the importance of clinical and translational research to inform clinical practice, improved communication skills and collaborations within and across MCW departments and collaborating institutions.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 2.75 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians and Residents
- Identify existing barriers to advancing the research culture at the individual and departmental level and develop strategies to address barriers.
- Gain knowledge about different areas of rehabilitation research; translational, clinical, and medical education to expand research activity the individual and departmental level, and across departments and institutions.
- Apply strategies to implement research ideas into clinical practice, and how to assess and react to outcomes.
- Develop evidence–based rehabilitation knowledge in the areas, including neurorehabilitation, medical education, TBI, stroke, pain, SCI, and research development.
Diane Braza, MD
Danny Riley, PhD
Karin Goodfriend, MD
Nick Ketchum, MD
Cassandra List, MD
Matt Durand, PhD
Katharine Alter, PhD
William Kim, MD
Sam Matsuo, MD
Nick Appleby, DO
Peter Gikas, MD
Jonathan Pasma, DO
Shrikant Tele, MD
All persons in control have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of :
John McGuire, MD- Allergan honorarium, Medtronic honorarium, Merz honorarium
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.