Moving Beyond "Good Job" - The Process of Giving Effective Feedback
Description: This activity is designed to provide clinical preceptors and faculty information to enrich individual knowledge and skills of giving effective feedback to trainees in the clinic or classroom. Without effective feedback, errors go uncorrected and good performance is not reinforced. You will have the opportunity to review videos and a PowerPoint tutorial that illustrates both effective and ineffective methods of giving feedback.
You will have the opportunity throughout the Clinical Apprenticeship Course to practice providing feedback to your student. At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to identify barriers to feedback and methods to overcome those barriers as well as acquire new strategies for giving feedback and engaging the learner in the feedback process.
- Community Preceptors
Upon the completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Describe the defining characteristics of feedback.
- Identify specific components of feedback.
- Identify barriers that prevent preceptors from giving more feedback.
- Describe how to engage the learner in the feedback process.
- Appreciate the need for continuous effective feedback and why it is important.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.