Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Review prevailing treatment approaches in African regions to mental health care
2. In light of local and global health awareness, discuss emerging uniform issues impacting mental health practices
3. Describe shared tasks and knowledge sets that upcoming and experienced clinicians need to serve both locally and globally, with effective outcomes
Sebastian Ssempijja, PhD
CEO/Clinical Director, Sebastian Family Psychology Practice
Muktar Beshir Ahmed, MSc
Director, Gabiley Mental Hospital, Gabiley, Somaliland
Hafsa Lukwata Sentongo, MPH
Acting Head of Mental Health and Control of Substance Abuse Division
Ministry of Health, Kampala, Uganda
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.