Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine are disciplines which are ever evolving. As a clinician it becomes difficult to keep track of all the developments and the latest best practices that could improve the quality of care and outcomes. The Pulmonary and Critical Care Grand Rounds CME activity will provide ongoing up to date information on all aspects of the disciplines of Pulmonary Medicine, Interventional Pulmonology, and Critical Care Medicine.
This will be accomplished using a variety of formats from clinical cases with accompanied pathologic correlates, literature reviews and updates, and topic reviews that include the more recent significant research and latest guidelines. Pathology Collaborative Care conferences with focus on the pathologic findings and updates on latest criteria for diagnosis including cytology, histopathology and immunohistochemical staining will be reviewed monthly and clinical cares with focus on quality improvement and best practices/patient safety will be the focus of the morbidity and mortality conferences.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Faculty Physicians
- Medical Students
- Respiratory Therapists
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- To critically review the latest literature in pulmonary and critical care medicine including basic science, pathophysiology, the clinical science, and practice guidelines. Emphasis on innovations in the evaluation and treatment of pulmonary disorders
- To promote a discussion about pulmonary diseases and critically ill patients, with a goal of enhancing individual practitioners knowledge of the major pulmonary diseases, recognition of a critically ill patient and their management. To promote formulation of a symptom based differential diagnosis, effective diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
- To discuss rare pulmonary pathology or interventions. This will help individual practitioners learn from the experience of others.
- To review patients pathology slides (if available) to help correlate our clinical diagnosis with the pathological diagnosis. This will also help us prove or disprove the clinical diagnosis.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.