How you would describe the series to someone who may be interested in participating. What is the educational benefit of attending this series?
Radiation Oncology Case Conference is intended to expose physicians to oncologic subspecialized case studies as applied to research-based-outcomes, new technologies, and treatment concepts. Each week a new topic is presented and discussed—allowing for questions and new learning developments, and conceptual enrichment.
- Radiation Oncology
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Oncology Medical Students
- Medical Physicists
- Physics Residents
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
• Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of cancer patients
• Identify concurrent therapies to be used with radiation to achieve the best outcome for the cancer patient
• Assess the significance of new radiation approaches and technologies for the treatment of various cancer patients based on research and clinical outcomes
• Determine the optimal radio-therapeutic techniques for individual cancer patients with the utilization of new technologies
• Improve the quality and safety patient radiation therapy treatments, while utilizing available tools and data and optimizing mortality rates and treatment outcomes
• Identify non-radiation approach to the cancer patient
• Assess emerging data and technical information regarding changes and progress in the radio-therapeutic management of all forms of cancers from typical to atypical
|Name||Company||Type of Company||Compensation|
|X. Allen Li, PhD||Accuray Inc||Device manufacturer/distributor||Honorarium|
|Elekta AB||Device manufacturer/distributer||Research Funding|
|Siemens||Device manufacturer/distributer||Research Funding|
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.