Radiation Oncology Case Conference is intended to expose physicians to oncologic subspecialized case studies as applied to research-based-outcomes, new technologies, and treatment concepts. Each week a new topic is presented and discussed—allowing for questions and new learning developments, and conceptual enrichment.
- Radiation Oncology
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Oncology Medical Students
- Medical Physicists
- Physics Residents
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
• Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of cancer patients
• Identify concurrent therapies to be used with radiation to achieve the best outcome for the cancer patient
• Assess the significance of new radiation approaches and technologies for the treatment of various cancer patients based on research and clinical outcomes
• Determine the optimal radio-therapeutic techniques for individual cancer patients with the utilization of new technologies
• Improve the quality and safety patient radiation therapy treatments, while utilizing available tools and data and optimizing mortality rates and treatment outcomes
• Identify non-radiation approach to the cancer patient
• Assess emerging data and technical information regarding changes and progress in the radio-therapeutic management of all forms of cancers from typical to atypical
|Type of Company
|X. Allen Li, PhD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.