- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
The Radiation Oncology Research Grand Rounds are designed to inform the radiation oncologist, who normally has a subspecialty, of new and emerging technologies and treatment techniques to create better outcomes in both quantity and quality for patients receiving radiation. It helps to keep radiation oncologists well informed about the constantly changing and emerging technologies, treatment techniques and outcomes relative to the field of radiation oncology and to push for quality outcomes for these treatment techniques.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical physicists
- Radiation oncology medical and physics residents
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of cancer patients
- Assess emerging data and technical information regarding changes and progress in the radiotherapeutic management of major forms of cancer
- Assess the significance of new radiation approaches and technologies for the treatment of various cancer patients.
- Determine the optimal radiotherapeutic techniques for individual cancer patients
Presenter: Saryleine Ortiz de Choudens, MD "Characterization of Cardiac Toxicity in Rats After Fractionated Irradiation"
Katie Livingston, MD " The Effects of ACE Inhibitors on Radiation-Induced Cardiotoxicity: Analysis via TriNetX, a Global Health Research Database"
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
|Allen Li, PhD||Elekta, Accuray||Speaker|
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure and in accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.