How you would describe the series to someone who may be interested in participating. What is the educational benefit of attending this series?
Radiation Oncology is a constantly evolving, highly technical field with many varied treatment techniques applicable to many varied oncologic subspecialties. The radiation oncologist, while focusing on his/ her subspecialty must also be aware of new and evolving technologies and treatment techniques in subspecialties other than their own. With the addition of the MRI Linac machine, technology focused care is becoming even more crucial in treating patients. This conference is intended to enhance the overall fund of knowledge required for the radiation oncologist to treat patients in all oncologic subspecialties and to inform the radiation oncologist on quality delivery of these technologies.
- Radiation Oncology
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Oncology Medical Students
- Medical Physicists
- Physics Residents
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of my cancer patients
- Assess emerging data and technical information regarding changes and progress in the Radio-therapeutic management of major forms of cancer
- Assess the significance of new radiation approaches and technologies for the treatment of various cancer patients
- Determine the optimal radio-therapeutic techniques for individual cancer patients
- Improve the quality and safety of patient radiation therapy treatment
Guang-Pei Chen, PhD
Instructor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Physics
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
|Name||Company||Type of Company||Compensation|
|X. Allen Li, PhD||Accuray Inc||Device manufacturer/distributor||Honorarium|
|Elekta AB||Device manufacturer/distributer||Research Funding|
|Siemens||Device manufacturer/distributer||Research Funding|
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.