This educational activity is designed to promote learning through a discussion of radiology subspecialty topics published in research. The evidence-based medicine discussion is focused around a critical examination of the study: study design, methodology, results, limitations, and implications for practice. Established gold standards of care are discussed in relation to the research study. Additionally, discussion of the science related to the imaging modality and area of research will occur. The intent is to enhance the knowledge of participants through collegial discussion and learning; ultimately improving patient care.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Faculty, Fellows, Residents, Allied Health Professionals,and Community Physicians in Radiology and other specialties.
- Define and describe basic research methodologies
- Describe the design behind most basic research studies in radiology
- Assess literature using an EBM framework
- Evaluate whether findings from a study have applicability to one’s practice
- Assess how to change one’s practice, thereby improving the quality of care, based on findings from literature
Speaker: Casey Melcher, MD
Activity Director: Guillermo F. Carrera, M.D., FACR
Planning Committee Members:
Margaret Mulligan, PhD
Presented by: To be annouced
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.