This conference is a crucial component of the multidisciplinary care of our patients with refractory epilepsy. It is the forum for us to develop treatment plans for our most complex patients. It allows the perspectives of the medical (neurology), surgical, psychological, radiology and other clinical team members to be voiced to achieve three goals: 1) the most effective strategies are used, 2) the safety of potential treatments are carefully considered, and 3) the patient’s individual goals, social support, and risk tolerance are integrated to provide an individualized treatment plan. This conference is also a forum to discuss new advances in epilepsy evaluation and management, including new minimally invasive surgical therapies and therapeutic devices.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Review the standard of care as it pertains to the development of treatment plans for patients with medically refractory epilepsy
- Explore new treatment options and new indications for established treatment options for patients with medically refractory epilepsy
- Review the current evidence-based guidelines for the evaluation of medically refractory epilepsy
Faculty & credentials:
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, these relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
+1 (414) 955-0626
02/18/2020 - 8:00am to 9:30am CST
Add to calendar:
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.