ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
As defined by the American Board of Radiology, one of the key tenets of quality improvement is driving out variation. This conference allows us to review protocols/care, appropriateness of diagnostic interventions and studies, design care and therapeutic treatments, alter care plans through a discussion of literature and guidelines, and ABR appropriateness criteria. We obtain consensus and standardize protocols/care. Subsequently, we can measure improvements in patient care resulting from these interventions e.g. reduction in inappropriate studies being ordered. Radiology is one of the fastest advancing areas of medical technology. In order to continue to offer the cutting-edge care that our department is known for, we need to continually review the latest literature and guidelines and integrate that into the care and education we deliver. Additionally, Radiology has an obligation to educate those who refer patients for diagnostic imaging on these advances.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Enhance existing knowledge of diagnostic imaging in CT, US, and MR as applied to the care of rheumatology conference patients
- Integrate literature-based findings, studies and discussions with existing knowledge
- Critically self-assess one’s own practice and integrate educational series offerings into practice
- Assess how to change one’s practice, thereby improving the quality of care, based on findings from literature and collegial discussion
Course Director:Keith Baynes, MD
Keith Baynes, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):