The early identification and intervention of patients with substance misuse in generalist medical settings. Patients with substance use disorders are more likely to be seen in generalist medical settings than in specialty alcohol and other drug care. Yet, substance use disorders are not often identified among patients in these settings.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 4 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Nurse Practitioners
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Describe SBIRT and explain why it should be used
- Perform screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment for substance misuse
- Apply essential Motivational Interviewing skills within a SBIRT session
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.