- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
SBIRT is a comprehensive and integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services for substance misuse. In addition to learning the main components of SBIRT along with trauma screening and referral, participants will practice the four brief intervention and referral to treatment process steps involved in this brief intervention: asking permission, providing feedback, enhancing motivation, and negotiating a contract. Upon completion of this training workshop, licensed professionals will earn state-certification to provide SBIRT services in the State of Wisconsin, which are Medicaid and other insurance-billable. This training workshop is funded through a grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 4 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistants
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Nurse Practitioners
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Describe SBIRT and explain why it should be used
- Perform screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment for substance misuse
- Apply essential Motivational Interviewing skills within a SBIRT session
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
|Lisa Berger, PhD||Eli Lilly||Stock Owner|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.