- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 6.50 MOC Part IVMOC Part IV credit.
The ASA Committee on Simulation Education in conjunction with the ABA has established core curricular components for all simulation courses that are taken to satisfy ABA requirements. These include:
- A minimum of six hours of total course instruction
- Active participation in realistic simulation scenarios
- Post-scenario peer debriefing
- Management of difficult patient-care scenarios
- An emphasis on teamwork and communication
Practicing Anesthesiologists requiring simulation course for maintenance of certfication at endorsed simulation center
- Practice clinical skills and effective utilization of resources in a sage learning environment
- Reflect on individual and team effectiveness relating to the management of critical events involving hemodynamic and respiratory instability
- Identify teamwork, leadership and communication skills necessary to successfully manage a crisis.
- Recognize areas of improvement and develop a practice improvement plan at their home institution.
Jutta Novalija, MD, PhD
Associate Professor Anesthesiology, The Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Anesthesia Simulation Program
All persons in control of content have No relevant financial relationships to disclose.