Through these presentations we provide a weekly multidisciplinary review of practice guidelines, newer therapies, innovations, controversies as well as updated information on black box warnings as well as newly discovered adverse effects of commonly used therapies. We use grand Rounds to update our physicians of the changes in classification criteria and management guidelines based on these new criteria. Our sleep lecture series introduces physicians to novel treatment options for diseases in the field of sleep medicine. We have Journal Club on a regular basis as part of the Sleep Grand Rounds and discuss important articles on new treatment options such as UAS. It is also important for academic physicians to keep reviewing latest developments in sleep research because new studies can invalidate current practices.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Faculty Physicians
- Medical Students
- Respiratory Therapists
- Polysomnographic Technologists
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Describe recent updates in practice of sleep medicine.
- Identify changes in diagnostic criteria and management of sleep disorders.
- Manage patients armed with latest literature in sleep medicine including pathophysiology, treatment updates, recent blackbox warnings or adverse effects updates, and updated practice guidelines.
- Teach trainees armed with latest literature in sleep medicine including basic science, pathophysiology, the clinical science, and practice guidelines.
- Provide nuanced patient care for difficult cases of sleep disorders based on weekly multidisciplinary review of sleep medicine practice patterns.
- Teach trainees armed with training in various teaching techniques.
- Provide effective feedback to trainees.
Kavita Ratarasarn, MD
Dmitriy Kogan, MD
Hima Reddy, MD
Vijay Bandhakavi, MD
All persons in control of content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.