Weekly, a one hour meeting for fellows, faculty, community physicians to review ongoing controversies, innovations, and regulations in the field of sleep medicine. The field of Sleep Medicine is quite broad and the innovation in practice, patient care, quality healthcare are evolving rapidly. Grand Rounds provides an avenue to improve practitioner performance. There are regularly innovations in the care of sleep disorders such as new devices for treatment of Sleep Apnea, new medications for treatment of insomnia. New information on the pathophysiology of disorders that we treat every day that we could do a better job of evaluating and treating with the shared evidence based information that is presented at the grandrounds such as the postmarketing experiences in suicide and accidental death in those narcoleptics treated with xyrem.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- To define sleep disorders and formulate differential diagnosis and treatment based on review of the literature and current specialty specific practice guidelines. Do increase the awareness of new treatment options in sleep disordered breathing disorders. Be made aware of medication warnings such as that associated with xyrem used for treatment of narcolepsy. To present evidence on innovative medication regimens for restless legs syndrome, insomnia, and narcolepsy.
- To critically review the latest literature in sleep medicine including basic science, pathophysiology, the clinical science, and practice guidelines. Emphasis on innovations in the evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders such as sleep disordered breathing, parasomnias, insomnias, and excessive sleepiness conditions.
- To share professional experiences in evaluation and treatment of difficult cases of sleep disorders ranging from sleep disordered breathing to parasomnias such as rem behavior disorder.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.