Surgical cases from the previous week are selected for discussion based on a complication, death or interesting feature. The clinical details are presented. Diagnostic images and tests are reviewed. Literature references are presented and discussed. The case is discussed by the faculty and key learning points and opportunities process for improvement are identified.
Keywords: Quality and Safety, General Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Trauma, Colorectal Surgery, Vascular Surgery
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology and treatment of surgical conditions
- Identify surgical events and decision making that may be associated with errors, complications, or death of patients
- Analyze current medical literature and evidence based decision making for surgical care
- Develop alternative treatment algorithms for surgical conditions
- Appreciate health system or process issues that may impact patient care
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Gary Seabrook, MD
- Bonnie Chow, MD
- Elizabeth Traudt, MD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.