Surgical cases from the previous week are selected for discussion based on a complication, death or interesting feature. The clinical details are presented. Diagnostic images and tests are reviewed. Literature references are presented and discussed. The case is discussed by the faculty and key learning points and opportunities process for improvement are identified.
Keywords: Surgery, Surgical innovation, Surgical education
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify the pathophysiology and treatment of various surgical diseases and conditions.
- Identify the surgical strategies to avoid errors, complications, or death of patients
- Keep current on changing aspects/new approaches to surgical problems
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.