This conference incorporates 11 different divisions within the entire Department of Surgery, for which the research in each division is distinctly managed and varies between basic, translational & clinical. Our conferences focus on being able to share best practices and information that is essential for all groups to learn, adapt & excel in the research world.
- Allied Health Care Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Address the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and/or treatment of surgical disorders using scientific data and reports
- Identify innovative surgical techniques to manage surgical conditions
- Identify other professionals’ clinical experience with surgical conditions including clinical management, multidisciplinary care and clinical outcomes
- Provide cutting-edge surgical ideas grounded in evidenced-based medicine that will impact local/regional practice patterns with the ultimate goal of improved patient outcomes
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Gwen Lomberk, MD
- David Joyce, MD, MBA
- David Joyce, MD, MBA
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.