2016 Medical College of Wisconsin & MD Anderson Cancer Center Endocrine Surgery Symposium
This educational activity is designed to highlight current issues in the management of disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands through didactic lectures, panel discussions, and case presentations. Invited speakers include well-known academic surgeons who are well-published in their respective fields and who can provide up-to-date summaries of the topics.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HOURS OF PARTICIPATION FOR ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 6.75 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Please note: a $2.50 processing fee will be assessed for all registrations.
Cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations postmarked April 6, 2016 and earlier will be fully refunded. No refunds are available for cancellations postmarked after April 6, 2016.
- Endocrine Surgeons
- General Surgeons
- Surgical Oncologists
- Primary Care Physicinas
- Fellows, Residents, and Students
- Allied Health Professionals
- Discuss the initial diagnosis and indications for surgery in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Discuss the different operative techniques for parathyroidectomy
- Discuss the management of patients with adrenal nodular disease
- Discuss evaluation of patients with thyroid disease (thyroid nodules and hyperthyroidism)
- Discuss extent of surgery and surgical techniques for patients undergoing thyroidectomy
In accordance with the ACCMEⓇ standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
Laura A. Andrews, MD
Bohringer Ingelheim/Eli Lilly
Ty B. Carroll, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
Joseph L. Shaker, MD
Clinical Professor of Medicine
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, these relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 6.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.