2017 Vascular Access Symposium: “The Dialysis Journey-Learning Together”
The Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery is proud to partner with the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin to present the 2017 Patient and Provider Vascular Access Symposium: The Dialysis Journey—Learning Together.
The unique interactive agenda is designed to educate and empower BOTH patients and providers in one setting, together.
The world of hemodialysis is rapidly changing. During this program, providers and patients will:
• Gain perspectives on how the new CMS care models of the future will change hemodialysis.
• Understand how a surgeon provides a functional and durable hemodialysis access and the vital role caregivers and patients play in maintaining the health of the access.
• Learn strategies to cope with the physical and emotional challenges of hemodialysis.
At the conclusion of the Symposium, providers and patients alike will feel more positive, motivated and empowered about the dialysis journey.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HOURS OF PARTICIPATION FOR ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 4.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
*Please note that Internet Explorer is not fully compatible with this web site. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.
Cancellation refunds will be provided at 50% of the original registration fee.
This course is complimentary for Internal Nurses, APPs, Dialysis Technicians, Fellows, Residents and Students; however registration is required. For instructions on how to receive your complimentary registration you must contact Heidi Brittnacher at 414-805-9427 or email@example.com before attempting to register on-line.
This course is also complimentary for patients; however registration is required. Please contact the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin at kidneywi.org or 414-897-8669 for complimentary registration.
Physicians, APPs, Nurses, Dialysis Technicians and Patients
- Learn how the new ESRD care models and reimbursement paradigms being proposed by the Center for Medicare Services (CMS) will impact patients and patient care.
- Understand the emotional barriers and anxiety associated with hemodialysis.
- Gain new knowledge of the natural history of access failure and practical strategies to prolong the life of the vascular access.
- Explore strategies which encourage and integrate patient self-advocacy.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all Medical College of Wisconsin sponsored events. If you require special accommodations in order to attend this event, please contact Heidi Brittnacher at (414) 805-9427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Heidi Brittnacher at (414) 805-9427 or email@example.com.
Excellence Support Services
Home Therapies RN
Ahmed Malik, MD, MPHIL, FASN
Hemodialysis Peritoneal Dialysis
Jenessa S. Price, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Division of Transplant Surgery
Division of Transplant Surgery
In accordance with the ACCMEⓇ standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
Bryan Becker, MD, MMM, FACP, CPE
Forward Health Group
Deepak Sharma, MD
- 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.