Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction and Inguinal Hernia Symposium 2014
Complex abdominal wall hernias are difficult to treat. Many times patients have had multiple previous attempts at reconstruction and often present with chronic infections. The standard ventral hernia repair is often not enough to fix these patients. Recent advances in biologic and absorbable prosthetics have allowed reinforcement of fascial closure with a higher resistance to infection.
This educational activity is designed to educate the community, general, and plastic surgeon about the latest techniques for complex abdominal wall reconstruction. A multidisciplinary approach is effective in dealing with these difficult patients because of the need for skin excision, myocutaneous advancement flaps and occasionally free flaps. This symposium will also outline the need for more complex repairs in these patients. In addition, it will show the various techniques for repairing these abdominal wall defects with a multidisciplinary team approach.
Please note there is a $1.00 processing fee for all electronic registrations. (Fellows, Residents and Students): Use Coupon Code: Hernia2014
- General surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Trauma/ACS surgeons
- Primary care physicians
- Fellows, residents, students
- Allied health professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify complex hernias that are not amenable to standard repair techniques
- Outline a plan for removal of the source of infection
- Devise a multidisciplinary approach to reconstructing the abdominal wall
- Describe the best approach for inguinal hernia repair
A block of rooms will be reserved for registrants until April 10, 2014, at a special rate of $99 single, plus tax, per night. Please call the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 1-877-270-1393, or (414) 475-9500 and mention MCW Hernia Symposium when making your reservations.
No one in control on content has any relevant financial relationship to disclose except the following person(s):
Jon Gould, MD Torax Medical Consultant
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.