Preoperative Evaluation: An Update of What One Should Know
- Adherence to the guidelines for prevention of surgical site infections and thromboembolic events
- Familiarity with the latest guidelines developed by national and international societies based on evidence-based medicine.
- Detection of stress, fatigue, and maintaining a work-life balance.
- Awareness of advances in surgical subspecialties.
- Awareness of proper methods of professional communication and handoffs.
- Cognizance of methods of surgical innovation.
Surgeons and those interested in the topic presented.
1. Identify surgical patients requiring comprehensive preoperative evaluation.
2. Discuss cardiac preoperative evaluation for the surgical patient.
3. Summarize standards of perioperative diabetic care.
None of the planners have relevant finanical relationships to disclose.
Herodotos Ellinas, MD & Ann-Marie Manley, MD, Assistant Professors in the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Anesthesia
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.