APP Retreat 2020
- To practice suturing drains, chest tubes, mattress sutures for high tension areas, and knot tying, discuss DPC closures
- Review ECF protocol
- Review indications/contraindications for Veraflow, practice set up of vac veraflow dressings
- Review techniques to manage acute wounds
- Review the current division/hospital protocols for pain, DVT/Anticoagulation, and vascular injuries
- Review the Beers List and discuss prescribing in the elderly
- Review CXR and CT scans for pathology in Trauma and ACS patients
2020 APP Retreat Itinerary
0800-0815: Introduction (Colleen Trevino/Tom Hove)
0815-1000: Division of Trauma Protocols Update (Pain, DVT/Anticoagulation/Vascular Injuries) (Amanda Flegner/Colleen Trevino, Pam Souders, Kelly Gordon-Meyer)
Objectives: Review current division/hospital protocols for pain, DVT/Anticoagulation, and Vascular Injuries
1000-1130: Suturing (Drs. Travis Webb and Rachel Morris-split APPs into 2 groups each headed by a surgeon)
Objectives: 1. Practice suturing drains, chest tubes, mattress sutures for high tension areas, and knot tying. 2. Discuss DPC closures.
1130-1200 ECF Protocol Updates (Colleen Trevino)
Objective: Review ECF protocol
Lunch Lecture 1200-1300 Beers List and medications in the Elderly (Dr. Jillian Theobald)
Objective: To review the Beers List and discuss prescribing in the elderly population
1300-1400 Acute Wound Management (road rash/donor sites/acute wound principles) (Christina Megal)
Objective: Review techniques to manage acute wounds
1400-1600 Radiology Review of CXR and CT scans of chest and abdomen/pelvic (Dr. Paul Knechtges)
Objective: To review CXR and CT scans for pathology in Trauma and ACS patients.
1600-1700 Vac Veraflow: John Harper
Objectives: Review indications/contraindications for Veraflow, practice set up of vac veraflow dressings
1800 Dinner and drinks at Firefly
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose except:
|Christina Megal, DNP, APNP||3M Healthcare||Speaker|
|John Harper, PhD||3M Healthcare||Employee|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 8.75 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Nurse Practitioner Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse Practitioner continuing education. Provider Number: 150930.
- 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 8.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 8.75 NP Contact Hours