A multidisciplinary tumor board to discuss lung/thoracic cases. The educational benefit of attending this series is to remove barriers to change in practice by creating space for multidisciplinary collaboration on specific patient cases.
Key Words: Cancer, Tumor Board, Systemic Therapy, Collaboration
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- For cases discussed, improve staging of patient disease process, performance status in order to influence improved quality outcomes.
- Identify and apply national treatment guidelines (NCCN) and current oncology standards of care to optimize the management of patients with cancer.
- Communicate the importance of a multidisciplinary approach and improve the collaborative performance of the inter-professional oncology care team in the management of patients with cancer.
Harsha Poola, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Qiaofang Chen, MD
- Brice Alvord, MD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.