- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Most hospitals are not able to provide toxicology testing needed for poisoned patients or for other clinical circumstances where toxicology testing could be informative. This is because of the need for sophisticated technology, personnel, and result interpretation that is ultimately costly to the healthcare institute. The National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (NACB) laboratory medicine practice guidelines recommend the establishment of toxicology centers supported by toxicologists and laboratory scientists that serve a community of medical centers to address this gap in patient care. Our committee is comprised of toxicologists and laboratory scientists where the goal is to gather the knowledge necessary to work towards achieving the recommendation outlined by NACB.
Allied Health Professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Identify the components of a new laboratory business
- Appreciate the challenges involved in operating a laboratory venture
- Gain an understanding of the role of a small lab in the field of toxicology
|Mike Tanner, PhD||NOAH Associates, Inc.||Employee|
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.