- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to incorporate evidence-based pathophysiology, diagnosis, and/or treatment of urologic disorders into clinical practice. Speakers will utilize their personal, institutional and evidence-based experience to address patient health care conditions requiring clinical and surgical treatment. Speakers will also utilize departmental quality improvement data, M&M data, and patient safety data to improve outcomes of urologic disease and other aspects of urologic patients’ general health. Evidence-based data regarding the changing aspects/newer approaches to surgical disease will be analyzed, and critical issues related to urology within the broader scope of American health care will be discussed. There are varying degrees to individuals’ knowledge regarding clinical and urologic treatments. While individuals may be aware of varied treatment within the urologists’ armamentarium it is beneficial to address the topics from an evidence-based approach.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Community Physicians
- Physician (fellow/resident)
- Allied Healthcare Providers
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- To review the current literature on pre-operative counseling for sexual medicine side-effects prior to prostatectomy.
- To discuss and understand interventions available for use in the management of post prostatectomy erectile dysfunction.
- To discuss and understand the variables in penile rehabilitation protocols and success rates.
Jagan Kansal, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.