The monthly mental health webinar series intends to provide free, accredited professional development and education for primary care providers (PCPs) and allied health professionals (AHPs) in the area of child and adolescent mental health. Mirroring national trends, Wisconsin's burden of children's mental health illness far exceeds the ability for timely access and optimal evaluation and treatment by child/adolescent psychiatrists. Most PCPs and AHPs believe in the concept of a medical home and want to provide one for their patients but struggle with their skills and knowledge with diagnosis and treatment for these children's mental health conditions.
- Wisconsin children/families struggle with mental health problems and their access to adequate and timely treatment.
- Wisconsin PCPs and AHPs, who provide medical homes to children and have established relationships with families, are able to perform competent mental health assessment and treatment if given the knowledge and skills, with specialist support when needed.
- There are limitations in the number of Wisconsin child/adolescent (C/A) psychiatrists who are able to directly provide treatment to meet the needs of Wisconsin youth.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Wisconsin Pediatricians
- Family and Community Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Participants will acquire practical knowledge in the assessment within primary care of children and adolescents of specific psychiatric disorders.
- Participants will acquire practical knowledge in the treatment within primary care of children and adolescents of specific psychiatric disorders
- Participants will acquire practical knowledge with assessing children and adolescents with psychiatric disorders who require a referral for a higher level of care.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.