Morbidity and mortality are always prevalent within surgery and this will always be the case. Our goal is to identify the factors that can be improved and/or changed in an attempt to reduce future complications and deaths amongst surgical patients. From a system wide standpoint, mortality and complication rates can be evaluated and compared over a time period. From an educational standpoint, the residents and students are asked questions during the conference to determine their level of understanding of many common surgical principles.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Medical Students
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understanding the pathophysiology and treatment of various surgical disorders
- To identify and present patient cases involving adverse outcomes
- Provide an open forum for discussion of list of patient discharges, deaths, as well as any significant patient complications from previous week
- Analyze the pertinent facts of the case, and understand the surgical alternative to avoiding errors, complications, or death of patients
- Keep current on changing aspects/new approaches to surgical problems
Faculty & credentials:
Surgical residents and medical students:
Paul Jeziorczak, PGYV
Justin Dux, PGYI
Chaowen Wu, PGYII
Heather Chou, Junior Medical Student
Derek Denney, Senior Medical Student
All person in control of content have no relevant financial relationship to disclose with the except for the following:
Allan Pasch, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved
+1 (414) 874-4680
02/24/2015 - 7:30am to 8:30am CST
Wheaton Franciscan--St. Joseph Campus
5000 West Chambers StreetDay Surgery Conference Room 2200B
Milwaukee, WI 53210
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.