This educational series is designed to examine the diagnosis and treatment of disease states that are studied in the Echocardiography laboratory. Patient case studies will be presented and discussed, from the point of admission or symptom onset. To diagnosis, to the intervention performed, concluding with the patient outcome. Sessions include discussion of the improvement of echocardiographic image acquisition including technique, protocols, and enhancement which will lead to an accurate diagnosis. Our goal is to illustrate best practice and standardize imaging protocols.
Patients presenting with suspected cardiovascular disease can be challenging to diagnose and treat. The department of cardiology recognizes this challenge and wishes to offer a venue for providers to participate in case review, with an end goal of consistently delivering evidence based practice.
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Systems based practice
- Medical knowledge
- Identify and diagnosis cardiovascular disease states
- Describe how echocardiography can contribute to the diagnosis of certain cardiac diseases and conditions
- Explain how to enhance echocardiographic image quality and data acquisition to assist the Cardiologist in providing an accurate diagnosis
- Describe the hemodynamics associated with the cardiac disease and condition
Activity Director: Yoseph Shalev, MD
Administrative Contact: Ryan Wiley, 414-447-2242, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.