This educational activity is designed to be essential in reviewing cases, assessing the nuances of their anatomy and physiology, and comparing cases like in kind. Every week a multidisciplinary team of providers meets to discuss the management of patients with complex heart disease. The cases presented allow for interactive exchanges as we discuss management options for patients who represent the entire spectrum of congenital heart disease including both cyanotic and acyanotic congenital heart disease, acquired heart disease in children and adult congenital heart disease. Published literature is brought into the discussions so as to educate the cardiologist, intensivists, anesthesiologists and surgeons in attendance.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician (fellows/residents)
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Recall specific patient information including clinical history, anatomy, hemodynamic and physiology
- Discuss updates on state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities along with an evidence-based decision making approach
- Review outcomes of individual patients and general conclusions based on the above objective
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Presenters: All Faculty & Attendees
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.