ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and The Wisconsin Department of Corrections. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Medical Staff of the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Discuss common concerns that would be directed to podiatry; when to refer for a bunion
- Imaging prior to bunion consultation
- Discuss conservative vs surgical intervention for bunions
- Surgical intervention post op care seemed to be of interest so I will briefly discuss that
- Review diabetes and annual diabetic foot exam
- Review briefly wound care and limb loss prevention
- Common foot problems that primary provider can provide prior to referring to podiatry, (ingrown toenails)-will review this briefly as well
- Review OTC and custom orthotics
- Discuss shoe recommendations and review catalog specific to DOC and give recommendations from what is available
In Accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.