- Allied Health Professionals
- Identify at least two reasons why Veterans should be asked about gun safety.
- Understand cultural aspects of gun ownership.
- Examine pediatric programs for discussing gun safety with kids and parents (UM and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia).
- Describe the VA’s suicide prevention program and gun safety.
Staff Psychiatrist, Zablocki VA Medical Center
Karen Gage-Worgull, LCSW
Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Zablocki VA Medical Center
Planning Committee Members: Jerome Van Ruiswyk, MD., FACP, FACHE, Associate Chief of Staff for Education; Annette Severson, EdD, RN, Associate Chief Nurse for Education and Research; Heather Smith, Ph.D, Psychology; Angie Paniagua, PharmD, CGP, Clinical Coordinator for Pharmacy Program; Jill Schneidermeyer, MSW, Social Work Executive; and Coordinator: Karen Hartzell, Mngt. Assistant to the Associate Chief of Staff for Education.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.