13182 September 27, 2014 MOCA© Session
Wauwatosa, WI US
September 27, 2014
The ASA Committee on Simulation Education in conjunction with the ABA has established core curricular components for all simulation courses that are taken to satisfy ABA requirements. These include:
- A minimum of six hours of total course instruction
- Active participation in realistic simulation scenarios
- Post-scenario peer debriefing
- Management of difficult patient-care scenarios
- An emphasis on teamwork and communication
The MCW Anesthesia Simulation Program is offering the simulation course, which is designed according to the training requirements for Part IV (Practice Performance and Assessment & Improvement) of Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program (MOCA©).
During the one day course, each diplomat will be in the “hot seat” and manage one critical care scenario and view and/or provide clinical assistance in the other scenarios. Diplomats will also identify a process improvement plan to be implemented within their home institution. Please consult the ABA website for a complete list of MOCA© requirements.
MOCA© and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® are registered trademarks of the American Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Practicing Anesthesiologists requiring simulation course for maintenance of certfication at endorsed simulation center
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Practice clinical skills and effective utilization of resources in a sage learning environment
- Reflect on individual and team effectiveness relating to the management of critical events involving hemodynamic and respiratory instability
- Identify teamwork, leadership and communication skills necessary to successfully manage a crisis.
- Recognize areas of improvement and develop a practice improvement plan at their home institution.
The Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank RoadThe STAR Center
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Jutta Novalija, MD, PhD
Associate Professor Anesthesiology, The Medical College of Wisconsin
Director of Anesthesia Simulation Program
All persons in control of content have No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 6.50 MOC Part IVMOC Part IV credit.