15177 Endocrine Issues in the Postoperative CVICU Patient 5/5/2015
This educational activity is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of diseases, treatment and surgical approaches, advanced technologies and interventions commonly used in the Cardiovascular ICU. The series is designed to include all shareholders involved with the care of the CVICU patients, including but not limited to Critical Care Anesthesiology (Attendings, Fellows, Residents and APPs), CT-Surgery (Attendings, Fellows, Residents and APPs), Vascular Surgery (Attendings, Fellows, Residents and APPs), Pharmacy, Nursing, Respiratory, and all other ancillary staff. Lecturers will be invited annually and/or bi-annually in order to keep up with the most current research and consensus statement/treatment approaches. The series will also yearly review common surgical procedure and post-operative care commonly encountered in the CVICU. It will allow for a forum of open discussion and question and answer sessions between experts in their specialties and the care givers who provide care daily.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicains, APPs, RNs and all other allied health care professionals
- Learn the most recent advances in the management of the critically ill cardiovascular patient. There are continual advancements in the treatment of the cardiovascular patient both with medical meanagement and with surgical intervention.
- When treating these patients it is essential to understand the continuum that exists between the medical management and surgical management of the cardiovascular patient, therefore this activity will provide information to:
- Learn appropriate best practices, including the pre- and post-operative pharmacotherapy management of cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery patients
- Learn to recognize common post-operative complications, including but not limited to deep venous thrombosis, myocardial infarction and acute kidney injury
- Learn the management of post-operative cerebrovascular events. Review and understand current practice guidelines and protocols fro cardiothroacic suregery, vascular surgery and general cardiology patients.
All persons in control of content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.