Cardiovascular Grand Rounds is the primary teaching conference for the Division of Cardiology where both cardiovascular disease syndromes and current research in cardiovascular disease is presented. Cardiovascular Grand Rounds meets a specific need both in the community and at the Medical College for further education in cardiovascular disease states. Cardiovascular Grand Rounds as a recurring activity is continually reviewed by the cardiology faculty.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Examine current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease
- Determine how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups
- Identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
- Implement cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease
- Review potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians