- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Community Engagement Week sessions are meant to help create the environment for the change that MCW Community Engagement Core is attempting to facilitate. Each session will be expanding conversation around the Social Determinants of Health as identified by the World Health Organization. Through these conversations, we can help the MCW physicians increase partnership opportunities, have awareness of the healthcare needs in the community, hear the voices of our community through the lens of healthcare and social determinants of health, and allow for better patient care and understanding.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals;
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professional
- Given the current health disparities present in Wisconsin,differentiate the requirements of community and academic members for effective implementation healthcare
- In the context of physician/researcher and patient/community relationships, identify new assets that exist in community and academic institutions for effective partnership formation
- Illustrate connections between CBPR and current health research projects to implement purposeful healthcare research
- Build capacity in education around community engagement to enrich community and academic experiences in healthcare research, and partnership formation while diminishing health disparities
Syed M. Ahmed, MD, MPH, DrPH, FAAFP
Zeno Franco, PhD
David Nelson, PhD
All persons in control of content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.