School of Pharmacy Symposium: Emerging Pharmacy Practice Models in Healthcare Delivery
This symposium will raise and address the most challenging questions in current clinical practice. Topics will include the pharmacist role within the interdisciplinary care team to improve patient care outcomes as well as improving transitions of care. Discuss Innovative models of care that include pharmacists as well as other care providers. Develop financial justifications for including pharmacists in new models of care across the continuum.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 3.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Pharmacists, Pharmacy Residents, Pharmacy Residency Directors, Physicians, Faculty and Healthcare Administrators
At the completion of this symposium the participants will be able to :
- Describe the need for establishing emerging pharmacy practice models in the evolving healthcare delivery system
- Outline the types of supporters that should be identified when contemplating the establishment of new pharmacy models
- Compare and contrast the challenges that hinder the development of these new models
- Discuss how to identify potential resources to help fund new models
- George E. MacKinnon III, PhD, MS, RPh, FASHP
Founding Dean and Professor
School of Pharmacy Medical College of Wisconsin
- Todd Karpinski, PharmD, MS, FASHP, FACHE
Executive Director – Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Anne Zechlinski, PharmD, BCPS
- Daniel Buffington, PharmD
University of South Florida
- Diane K. Reist, PharmD
University of Iowa
- Gary Matzke, PharmD
Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bill Lee, MA, RPh
Carillon Medical Center, Roanoke, VA
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.