- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to incorporate evidence-based pathophysiology, diagnosis, and/or treatment of surgical disorders into clinical practice. Speakers will utilize departmental quality improvement data, M&M data, and patient safety data to improve outcomes of surgical disease and other aspects of surgical patients’ general health. Evidence-based date regarding the changing aspects/newer approaches to surgical disease will be analyzed, and critical issues related to surgery within the broader scope of American health care will be discussed.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
General Surgeons, Physician Assistants, Allied Health Care Professionals
- Describe the current evidence-based interventions for reducing the risk of SSIs.
- List the fundamental reasons why Edmiston found a career in the Department of Surgery more rewarding than spending his formative years in Medicine.
- Identify the two most important pieces of advice one should consider when choosing a career in academics.
Charles E. Edmiston, Jr., PhD, CIC, Professor of Surgery & Hospital Epidemiologist; Director, Surgical Microbiology Research Laboratory at the Medical College of Wisconsin, will present “Every Operation is an Adventure in Microbiology: As They Say the Devil is Always in the Details”.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.