- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to incorporate evidence-based pathophysiology, diagnosis, and/or treatment of surgical disorders into clinical practice. Speakers will utilize departmental quality improvement data, M&M data, and patient safety data to improve outcomes of surgical disease and other aspects of surgical patients’ general health. Evidence-based date regarding the changing aspects/newer approaches to surgical disease will be analyzed, and critical issues related to surgery within the broader scope of American health care will be discussed.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
General Surgeons, Physician Assistants, Allied Health Care Professionals
- Adherence to the guidelines for prevention of surgical site infections and thromboembolic events
- Familiarity with the latest guidelines developed by national and international societies based on evidence-based medicine.
- Detection of stress, fatigue, and maintaining a work-life balance.
- Awareness of advances in surgical subspecialties.
- Awareness of proper methods of professional communication and handoffs.
- Cognizance of methods of surgical innovation.
James S. T. Yao, Emeritus Professor of Surgery, Northwestern University, will be the 7th Annual Jonathan B. Towne Lecturer. Dr. Yao will present "History of Endovascular Surgery".
Dr. Yao does not have any financial relationships to disclose.