2016 Wisconsin Dermatological Society Fall Meeting
This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists in Wisconsin. The 2016 WDS Fall Meeting will include five expert lectures on topics including graft-versus-host disease, diagnostic and management challenges in pediatric dermatology, adverse reactions to chemotherapeutic agents, squamous cell carcinoma, and spitz nevi and spitzoid tumors.
In addition, virtual patient case presentations will be given highlighting rare and common conditions, as well as treatments. These patient cases have been selected to demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis and management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine and up-to-date references.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
• Diagnose chronic graft-versus-host disease in stem cell transplant patients using NIH diagnostic criteria.
• Recognize the most common cutaneous manifestations of newly described chemotherapeutic agents used in oncology patients.
• Identify features of skin lesions in pediatric patients that are red flags for additional evaluation or referral.
• Utilize AJCC staging criteria for squamous cell carcinoma patients.
• Discuss role of genetic techniques in managing patients with ambiguous spitzoid neoplasms
Shelly Martin,; Edward Cowen, MD; Beth Drolet, MD; Stephen Humphrey, MD; Julia Kasprzak, MD; Kathryn Corgan, PA-C, Victoria Hill, PA-C; Brianne Dickey, MD; Mary Kim, MD; Allison Schaus, MD; Michael Lee, MD; Brittany Lister, MD; Krisztian Nemeth, MD, PhD; Lauren Seline, MD; Laura Tisch, MD; Olushola Akinshemoyin Vaughn, MD; Nicole Bender, MD; Liza Gill, MD; April Zhang, MD; and Nikita Lakdawala, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
Yvonne Chiu, MD Pfizer, Roche
Barbara Wilson, MD Carma Labs
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.